Wednesday, January 16, 2008

More of Television vs. Reality...

Last night SVU was about a 14 yr old kid who raped some 12 yr olds. I was watching these kids thinking "that was me." But it seems so strange. Was I that young when I was 12? Was Scott that young when he was 14? Were we such little people when that happened? I didn't feel little. I felt grown and wise. Probably because I was wearing a bra and daisy dukes. Maybe also because I was walking away from the grown ups all by myself. But no matter the reason, I did not feel nearly as young as these children seemed. My voice was not so little, my clothes were not so cutesy, and I think I was more knowledgable. It just didn't seem right. These kids were telling my story, but it was hardly familiar at all. If I had told someone, if there had been cops and lawyers and a courtroom, would we really have looked so small????

No comments: