Monday, April 21, 2008

Adults are Absurd

I just saw a story on a local news show about a 4 year old boy with an orange mohawk who was pretty much expelled from his pre-school because his hair was a "distraction" to the other kids. How ridiculous is that??? First of all, it's pre-school, WTF are they being distracted from??? Second, what if his hair was NATURALLY orange??? I mean, there are people out there with "red hair" that is pretty damn close to orange. Third, if you can't have orange hair when you are four, when can you???

When I was 5 my mom let me get my hair colored blue. I wanted to be like Cyndi Lauper, and my mom thought that was totally fine. And it was. I was 5 years old, I didn't need a job, I wasn't trying to be taken seriously, it was really the PERFECT time in my life to have blue hair!

Not only did this kid get kicked out of pre-school, but his mom is being accused of being a "bad mother". Since when is it bad to let your child be an individual? I mean, the kid probably has cartoons on his underwear & t-shirts - is orange hair really THAT big of a deal??? (I should mention that the kid had the mohawk all year, but it didn't cause a problem until it was orange rather than blonde.)

I am trying to find a link to this ridiculous story...if I find one I will update.

No comments: