Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Termination

I won't blab all about this on here, especially since most of you know the story anyway, but one of the law clerks in my district was recently fired. It's really quite shocking. We all knew she wasn't "teacher's pet" or anything, but this was TOTALLY unexpected. So much so, that many people thought it was a (kinda sick) April Fool's joke. It wasn't.

I think those of us not in her (former) chambers are all a little more grateful for our jobs today. And the other people in that chambers are all a bit terrified. Can we say "20 minute lunch breaks for the next 12 months"???!!! I fear we may never see the poor souls again.

It's amazing all of the huge events that have happened here during my term. I have seen one judge pass away, and another take his place. I've seen us move into a brand new building. And now, I've seen a clerk get fired. I have about 5 months left...I wonder what will happen next....

No comments: