Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Just Happy

It's rare that I put up a post which doesn't include me bitching about something. But this will be one of those posts.

I have no idea why I've been so happy the last few days - actually, it's a bit odd because I should be hormonal right now (I did cry in the grocery store on Sunday, but that was a momentary lapse to remind me I have ovaries).

Things with K have been so good for, really, the last two months. We really have not fought at all. Everyday he has something sweet to say to me. I have been spending a lot of time in the asexual forums lately (on AVEN and Apositive) and I have realized that, even though we have a lot of problems in that area, I am finally 100% confident that we love each other enough to get through it. A lot of people on the forums have partners who won't communicate, or can't imagine love without sex - but not me! K isn't perfect, but he has already made so many compromises and sacrifices for me and he never seems bitter about any of it. He has seen that an unconventional relationship can succeed. We can share our hearts without sharing a bed, and neither of us has to feel lonely or rejected.

Now, don't get me wrong - this isn't going to be a celibate relationship. Honestly, neither of us wants that. But we have taken a huge step in the right direction, and I think we both feel happier and lighter, there is more peacefulness and partnership between us. Things are just good.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of our 1st date and our 1st kiss...and the 1st time he kept me awake all night with his snoring!! LOL I really hope that every anniversary to come is as happy as this one, and I hope there are a lot of them.

No comments: