Monday, October 01, 2007

A Case of the Mondays

I finished a great book today! Oryx & Crake by Margaret Atwood. I really loved it - more than I thought I would. In fact, I already miss the main character! So, I would highly recommend this one.

I spent the rest of my day watching TV on my computer at work. I watched Shark and the Bionic Woman. Shark is one of my favorite shows, so that was excellent as usual. I'm still not sure about BW. It's better than I first thought, but I'm not sure I will care about the characters enough to keep watching. There are a few new shows that I REALLY liked: The Reaper and Life. Both have an element of dark humor, both will probably be cancelled.

Anyway, I did do a little bit of work today, but in total no more than an hour. There is just NOTHING going on. We have a trial this week, but it's E's case so I have nothing to do with it. Plus it's a re-trial of a case we took from another judge. So there aren't even any new issues really. Except that the lawyers are trying to get away with ridiculousness and my judge is kicking their asses. For example, one lawyer today made a motion to prevent witnesses from crying. My judge said "I can do a lot of things, but preventing a person from crying is not one of them." Sheesh.

So, anyway, that was my very boring, unproduvctive day. I think tomorrow I will watch How I Met Your Mother, and maybe Law & Order SVU from last week. ;-)

No comments: