Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A Step in the Right Direction

I got called for my 1st interview today! Yay! It is with the Tampa office of a large international firm. K is SO excited for me, which is so nice. Even tho it's not in NC he is totally psyched. Really, I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. The best thing about this is that, while it is a great opportunity, it's not my TOP choice, so it will be a good warm up to interviewing, ya know? I won't be devastated if I don't get it, so I can kinda relax. The guy who called me today was really nice and all the web gossip I can find about the firm is positive.

Anyway, all the interview talk made me think about something. It will be exactly 3 years ago next wednesday (10/10) that I interviewed in Charlotte...with a firm I just re-applied to. I remember because the day before the interview, while I was at the hotel, I called Megan to say happy birthday. It was the 1st time I talked to her on her birthday in about 8 or 9 years, because we had JUST found each other again. I remember how happy she was that I remembered and how glad I was to make her smile. I was so happy that we were friends again - I still am! Of course! Things have changed so much in the last 3 years - for both of us. It's so strange. No real point here, I was just thinking about that.

Anyway, I'll let everyone know how the interview goes and if I get any more!!! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck! :-)

Anonymous said...

oh- how sweet you remember!