Friday, October 05, 2007

K Dreams of Genie

Last night K had a dream that I was a Genie. He said that I granted all his wishes. I fixed his credit report and I made him a Doctor, so that he could come home to me every night, and I married him. He said that he wanted me to be human, and he didn't want me to have to grant him any more wishes. But I told him that I could never be human, and that the only way to be sure I never had another master was to kill myself. Otherwise, someone else could find my lamp and then I would have to grant their wishes. He said he pleaded with me not to kill myself and that he would protect me, but I didn't listen and I killed myself. He said that he was emotionally destroyed and angry at me that I left him like that. But he said that when he woke up and heard my voice he was so happy.

I wish I was a Genie. I wish I could fix everything and make it all better. But at least, after sleeping on it, we are both a little less stressed. I had much worse dreams than K did last night. But today, I think we are both ready to do what we can to fix things, and he is not acting so defeated. So, hopefully we can fix this now - even without a magic lamp.

No comments: