Thursday, October 04, 2007

STRESSED

For the last few weeks I have been a little bit depressed. Things started to perk up earlier in the week with the interview offer, but last night K got some bad news and now I am way beyond a little bit depressed.

K has been trying to re-finance his house for the past 6 months. I think his mortgage broker is a moron, but he won't listen to me. Well, somehow, in the last 6 mos, K's credit score has gone down 80 points. We don't know why, but this means nobody will approve him to re-fi the house. This is bad because he has a variable rate mortgage and when it goes up next year, which I am sure it will, he won't be able to make his monthly payments. So basically he will have to sell his house and get an apartment for his mother. He is VERY pissed and depressed and so very hard to deal with. He thinks that his credit score is messed up because he's black, and maybe it is. I don't see any reason why it would be so much lower than mine. But there is just nothing I can do about it. And the worst part is that now he has this attitude like he should just give up on everything. And he is being reckless so he got in an accident (not a big one) and then he cut his hand open, and all these things cost money to take care of. He doesn't have health insurance. Everything is just a mess and I don't know what to say or do. I keep telling him to let me get a copy of his credit report, but he would rather bitch. I dunno. I am just so stressed and my head hurts and I wanna cry and sleep.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm sorry that things have been stressful recently!! Hugs to you!!

Not that I know anything about credit reports, of course, but wouldn't a dip like that be some kind of warning flag for identity theft? Does *he* have a copy of his credit report?

It is really frustrating when people won't take practical steps to work on things that are bothering them. That is one of my pet peeves (probably because I do it a lot myself). I'm sending happy monkey thoughts your way to help you!

CJ said...

Thank u monkey. I miss u tons.

Last night he did get his 3 in 1 credit report, and there is nothing fraudulent on there. Also, no "public debt" which is what BOA said kept him from getting a credit card. So we don't know what is going on. Grrr.