Monday, October 15, 2007

POM @ HOB

Translation = Puddle of Mudd at House of Blues. Yep, that's right, CJ went to a concert last night. A real live outing - on a school night no less! LOL It was okay. Saliva opened for POM, and they were not very good live. One of their guitarists was SO creppy I thought he was gonna give me nightmares. He kept spitting beer on the audience, it was insane. Theye did play Always - which is one of my favorite songs of all time - and that was excellent. But the harder stuff is just better in the studio than live.

POM was VERY good live. They did lots of good songs, and I really enjoyed seeing them. Plus, they were much less creepy. They ended with She Hates Me, which they actually mixed with Summer Lovin' from Grease. That was HILARIOUS. I loved it.

We ate dinner at HOB before the show. That was not very good. I was unimpressed with their menu and nothing tasted very good. Plus, me and the girl I was with both felt a little nauseous during the show and I think it may be something we ate there. (It may also have been that someone around us was DRENCHED in some awful smelling lotion or something, who knows.) But I am fine today, so that is good.

I have decided though that I am getting really old. I felt so self-conscious there, which is unusual for me. Plus I was sick of standing real quick. I think my concert going days may be over. I was invited to go to a Fall Out Boy show on Nov. 1st, and I love their music, but I don't think I am gonna go. Not only because I feel old, but also because those guys are so unattractive and awkward that they are hard for me to watch. I know, that sounds crazy, but it's one of my many quirks.

So, anyway, that was my sunday. Oh, I also got 2 more rejection letters this weekend. Dammit.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So, are you going to send the monkeys an update on your adventure? We apparently all need a kick in rear to get out and do the live music adventure. I have a bonus Halloween adventure, but I have to do the live music one first! There is a bluegrass performance on Weds at a local bookstore that I am going to, and then I will post the Halloween challenge.