Saturday, March 08, 2008

Catching Up

So I FINALLY watched the movie Jesus Camp. Yeah, it's creepy, but not too surprising to me.

I guess the strangest thing to me was when the "preacher" tells the group to "Pray in tongues." Now, it's been a while since I was in church school, but I believe that "tongues" is just made up words - nonsense - that would come out of people who were posessed (either with good or evil spirits I suppose). Deciding to speak in tongues is like pretending to be crazy, no?

I think my favorite part in the movie was when the preacher asked God to keep Satan out of her power point presentation.

It's also disturbing to me that they encourage the kids to go up and talk to strangers like it's no big deal. If they think the world is so full of evil, shouldn't they be afraid of sending their kids out there like that?

Of course I could criticize just about everything in this movie, but I won't waste the time. It's definitely a must see documentary. If you haven't seen it yet, put it in your queue.

No comments: