Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Money Problems

Yesterday I posted an entry for about an hour. If you read it, you know it was a bad day. If not, be glad.

Today was a bit better for me. But worse for K. His problems are mostly financial, and mostly due to him doing too many things for too many people. It is so frustrating to listen to him complain about money and be stressed about losing a house that he barely even lives in. There are four other people living in that house full time. One of them is a little boy, so he is off the hook. But the other three could certainly pitch in a bit. He shouldn't be paying the utilities at ALL, but he is. The water got shut off again & the bill is $160. He still owes his property taxes and income taxes are due soon. Not to mention his mortgage ($1300/month) and his truck payments ($500/week). And of course, on top of all of this, diesel is almost $4/gallon now. Of course I feel bad for him, but I just want to scream at him that he could eliminate so many of his bills if he just took care of himself & let other people take care of themselves. In Charlotte, he could have a one bedroom apartment for like $500/month. No property taxes, minimal utilities, no mortgage insurance or homeowner's insurance. But, for some reason, he just can't see that. I guess he has a better heart than me. I look at his family and all I see is a bunch of freeloaders, but somehow he still loves them. He's not even bitter toward them. And he keeps inviting more people in. I just don't get it. Meanwhile, I just keep thinking how much easier his life will be when his mother dies. I guess he's right, I'm insensitive and cruel.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to help him. So I'm gonna go to bed.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Letting people use you, even if they are your family, is not about having a better heart than someone who doesn't let others use her. It's just a sign of a lack of respect for themselves.

With that said, I think that you should tell him that you know he's having a hard time right now, but it is something that you can't deal with right now--so, please don't talk about financial problems, unless there are MAJOR positive improvements.

Big virtual hugs to you. I know that you will be awesome at everything new that you try, because you are brilliant and hard-working and funny. The next few years will be full of surprises, and the best is always yet to come.

CJ said...

Thanks monkey. I heart you tons.

I would tell him that, but he is so good about listening to me bitch, so I feel bad, ya know? Especially because this week I was even bitching about money problems, which is so dumb b/c I could probably fix it all by getting a grande chai instead of a venti chai! So, I think I can just shut up & listen to him bitch for a bit. I just wish he would kick all these awful people out of his life so he could relax for once.