Wednesday, March 12, 2008

People You Can Count On

So, K had a delivery to make in our home town on Monday. He ended up having to stay there all day yesterday to get a new windshield because his was cracked. So, yesterday he was stuck in his truck all day with nowhere to go & nothing to eat. Not a single one of his friends would bring him food. (My mom offered but K was too chicken to call her & give her directions to where he was/an order of what food he wanted.)

I honestly cannot think of a single friend of mine that wouldn't drive 20 minutes to bring me food if I was hungry. Honestly, most of my friends would offer to go out to dinner or bring me to their homes and let me eat & shower & hang out. Barring something REALLY important that they were doing, I think I could 100% depend on each of them to bring me a damn sandwich! What the hell kind of friends does K have???? I mean seriously, it was just ridiculous.

So at about 5:30 yesterday he decided to un-hook from his trailer & drive the truck to get something to eat. This means that his job knows he was moving so it counts against his hours, plus it cost him a LOT of fuel & he had to find some place to park the big truck and get food. I mean, it's not the end of the world, but to think that nobody would drive 20 minutes to help him out - it's just insane. These are people he has known for at least a decade. What pieces of trash. And one of these people wants K to be in his wedding next year. I'd be like "Fuck you dude. You can't drive 20 mins for me & you want me to rent a tux & come 800 miles for your wedding?"

WTF.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

K's friends are jackasses! I would totally bring my friends food.

Incidentally, did I ever tell you about that love languages book? I haven't read it, but basically there are five different "love languages" - ways people express their love for friends and significant others. Among them are verbal compliments, buying gifts, physical touch, and doing things for the person you love. I am all about that last one. I'd much rather have a guy fix my car than buy me a diamond ring. Usually I think these self-help books are total crap, but this one makes a lot of sense.