Monday, June 18, 2007

Great Moments In Super Model History

Okay, so I heard that Elmo put Tyra Banks in her place at the Daytime Emmy Awards. Unfortunately I did not see this historic event, because I have run out of patience for awards shows in the last few years. Also because it is not on the internet ANYWHERE. Say what? You heard me. Not on YouTube, LiveLeak, nowhere. I have googled until my fingers bled and it simply cannot be found. If it weren’t for the fact that my iPod is in the shop, so I had to listen to the radio on my way to work, and the DJ on some random station happened to be present for said event, I would not be aware of this at all. And that, my friends, would be tragic. Fortunately, I got this scoop on the radio:

Elmo & Tyra were presenting an award together. Tyra was late & then got confused by the set. Elmo, annoyed by Tyra’s idiocy, told her “Time is money!” and to “get out here!” Then, at some point during the colloquy, Tyra read Elmo’s line instead of her own and Elmo said to Tyra “Elmo already said that!”

Seriously, this had to be priceless. The fact that I cannot see it for myself is ruining my day. It’s 11am and I already had to have some chocolate to help me cope. Clearly, this clip being kept off the web is part of the evil republican conspiracy to keep me down. But I will fight, and I will survive. And so will Tyra. She is not the kinda woman to let an intellectual thrashing by a muppet keep her down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.emmyonline.org/daytime/stream.html

It's got to be here somewhere. I can't figure out what she presented. One of her websites says Children's Programming, but there's no such category.

Hope this helps! :D

Mr. Parson said...

It would have been great if Elmo would have dropped the F Bomb too.