Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sister Sister

Got back from NYC last night. Had a BLAST with my sis! Here’s the summary:

Saturday: Got there at 10:30am. We went to South St. Seaport to see the Bodies Exhibit, ate lunch and walked around the seaport/boardwalk area a bit. Took the subway back to her dorm, took showers & changed. Went to dinner at CPK, wandered around Times Square and then went to see Legally Blonde the Musical at the Palace Theater! It was hilarious! We had so much fun! The weather was beautiful all day, and everything went very smoothly. I bought drawstring backpacks for both of us as souvenirs from the musical. I also bought myself a poster that says “A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle” and has a pic of a fish riding a bike on it. LOVE IT! My sis bought herself a huge MCR poster, and a little gag gift for a friend. Oh! And we went to the M&Ms store, where we had a surprisingly difficult time finding actual candy and my sister got bit by a xmas blanket.

Sunday: Central Park Zoo – which is very cool. Lots of animals and again, the weather was fabulous. I bought myself a purple visor that says “Central Park Zoo” on it for $5. Then we went to the Apple Store, which is underground, to buy my sis a new iPod. We stopped at Tiffany’s to look at stuff we couldn’t afford and when we walked out, we were smack in the middle of the gay pride parade! How cool was that? We were so excited! So we hung out there for a bit, took some pics, bought a flag & a bracelet and then went back to the dorm to drop off our loot.Then we went to St. Mark’s Place, which is a little college town type area with lots of very cool shops. We ate french fries for lunch at a place called Pomme Frites, all they sell is fries with assorted kinds of dips – we had sundried tomato and horseradish sauces. Very yummy. After that we went back to her dorm and watched Twin Falls Idaho (very good but very sad movie). Then we went to dinner with Sever & Sally at an Italian place near the dorm that we had never been to before. It was good, but the service was kinda bad. But still, we had a good time. S&S are soooooo skinny! They need some meat on them! But we love them & miss them so it is always good to see them happy – which they are.

Monday: Breakfast at the YUMMIEST bagel place EVER! Then we went to the aquarium at coney island. This was okay. VERY long subway ride, but some of it was above ground so that was fun! Coney Island is a pretty dirty & creepy area, but there is a beach which was cool, and the aquarium had some very neat animals, it just isn’t very well maintained. A lot of the attractions had computer operated things that were broken, and a lot of it was dirty. Plus is was SWARMING with small children, so it was very loud. But still, there were very cool animals, like a walrus and sharks and starfish and jellyfish. So, we enjoyed ourselves. Then we had hotdogs and lemonade at Nathan’s and got back on the subway. We stopped at the manhattan mall, and Madison square garden – where my sister’s radio station is. We had dinner that night at a pizza place near my sister’s dorm, and then got banana pudding at her favorite neighborhood bakery for dessert. It was VERY yummy, with real bananas and nilla wafers! Monday night we stayed home and watched Wife Swap and Hell’s Kitchen because my sister was the RA on duty.

Tuesday: Another yummy breakfast: bacon, egg & cheese on a bagel at a placed called Toasties. Then off to my sister’s school because she had a meeting. As we were waiting for the meeting to start we got a call of a problem at the dorm with a check in, so we power walked 12 blocks back to the dorm! We were sweating our asses off! I changed into shorts once we got there. My sis took care of the problems and we took a cab back to her school. She had her meeting and we went back to the dorms, where I packed my stuff, we ate subway for lunch and I took a nap through most of All My Children. Then, it was in a cab for me! Back to Florida! I upgraded myself to 1st class rather than sit in my middle seat for the 3 hour flight. Thank GOD I did that! We were on the ground in NYC for over an hour! But, I made it home safe & sound. This was the best vacation I have had in a LONG time! Those of you who are interest, I will email around pics later this week!

No comments: