Sunday, July 01, 2007

Poor Mommy

My mom had a pretty rough weekend. Yesterday my gramma yelled at her for coming over every Saturday and “breezing in and breezing out of there.” She is nuts. Every Saturday my mom goes walking in the morning and then stops by their house to bring them a coffee cake or something and see if they need anything & how they are doing. And every week they are so rude to her and NEVER ask her how she is doing or how we are doing. They never call her anymore, and they still refuse to visit her new apartment. So what do they want from her? My gramma says she wants to “talk”, well then why don’t they talk? Ask questions maybe? My mom says “well, what do u want to talk about?” gramma says “Well, you never talk about [DB] (my father).” Well WTF? What is she supposed to do? Come over there and bitch about him to them? They still talk to DB so my mom cant trust that they wont tell him what she says. And it’s not like she sees him. The only stories she has now are court stories, which are really none of their business. It was insane. PLUS my gramma told my mom’s cousin J that she doesn’t talk to my mom about the divorce because she feels sorry for DB!!!! WTF???? Why on earth would she feel sorry for him?! I dunno. It’s totally insane. And it made my mom feel awful. These are HER parents! She was crying because she would be so happy to see my sister and I once a week, and he parents are like pissed that she comes over. Plus she doesn’t know what exactly they want from her – ya know?

Then today my mom updated me on the divorce. DB still won’t sign the agreement. He told his lawyer now that he wont sign it because my mom didn’t go to his mother’s funeral! Are u fucking kidding me??? This is actually in the court record, he really said this. He is mad because she didn’t “come to the wake or the funeral or send him a card.” WHAT????!!!!!!! Well, luckily “spite” is not a legal excuse for going back on your word, so there is real hope that the judge will make him sign the agreement. If not, then my mom will have to go to trial. To make my mom “look good” her lawyer told her to send DB a letter of apology saying why she didn’t go. So she wrote one paragraph about how she was too uncomfortable to go. Total crap. They have a phone conference with the judge on july 9th, so that’s when we will find out if they have to go to trial. I am so furious with DB – I wish I could hurt him in some way, and I wish I could help my mother more. I also wish he would just drop dead. Could he be anymore unreasonable? Any more cruel? My poor mother is so stressed out and it gets worse every time they go to court. He gets more and more insane.

So, anyway, that’s the news in my family.

No comments: