Saturday, July 28, 2007

Today's Lesson

Whenever I hang out with one of my girlfriends, I remember all the reasons why I appreciate K. He lets me be me. He isn't controlling. He trusts me. My happiness makes him happy. He is responsible and he rarely drinks. He lets me into his heart and mind, and tells me things he can barely admit to himself. He worries about me when I'm sick just as much as my mother does. He doesn't care how much I weigh or how I dress, he thinks I'm beautiful anyway. He touches my face and tucks my hair behind my ears, and just looks at me. He is there for me at 2am when I have a nightmare or just can't sleep. He calls to apologize when he's wrong. He just loves me, and when I need to I can feel it around me like a big comfy sweatshirt.

I know that things have been hard for the last month. But they are so much better. I really think I just needed to hear him say some things out loud. I didn't trust my own heart enough to believe what I felt was really there. But I do now. I feel better, I think he does too. And I think we are gonna be okay. I'm glad that we are both stubborn enough to not walk away at the 1st sign of trouble. I'm glad we both thought we were worth fighting for. I hope we were right. Tonite, it feels like we were.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am such a sap. i again, read your entry and wanted to cry. but happy tears, you know? it's the little things that mean so much. sometimes all it takes is a look. a touch. just something that makes us know it's going to be all right. i'm glad you have that.

at least one of us has someone stubborn enough to not walk away or get scared off at the first sign of trouble, haha. i wish you the best. everyone deserves to be happy :-)

Anonymous said...

=o)