Saturday, July 28, 2007

Visitation

So my friend Chelle has been visiting me for the last few days. She got here on Wed night. On Thursday I left work at lunch time and we went to St. Petersburg. We hung out on the beach, watched the sun set and got some ice cream. It was nice. We drove out there in a mustang convertible that she rented, so that was neat.

Yesterday we went to sea world. I had never been there before. It was okay. The Sea Lion show was GREAT, very funny, and I got to see manatees, so I was happy. But it was a very hot, very expensive day. The good thing is I bought an annual pass (they are so cheap it's stupid not to as a FL resident), so I can go see manatees whenever I want! And that makes me happy. The shamu show was so corny it was painful - too much about people, not enough about the animals. They also had this mini cirque du soleil kind of show called Odyssea. It was cool, but I am spoiled by the very impressive aerial dance shows I saw while living in Athens. So even cirque didn't overwhelm me. But still, I am glad to have gone to sea world, it's something I should do while I live here. Plus, MANATEES!!!!!! Yay! I will go back and visit them.

Today kinda sucked cuz it was raining EVERYWHERE! We drove to Daytona, but couldn't be on the beach really. So we went to a few souvenir shops and then the rain stopped and we walked along the beach a bit. We ordered chinese food for dinner and watched a movie called "Lone Star State of Mind" which was pretty funny. I am SO exhausted! So I will be going to bed now. Not sure what we will be doing tomorrow...hopefully less rain.

No comments: