Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Heart David Cook

How excited am I about American Idol????? VERY excited! I have been loving Mr. Cook all season long, but I never thought he would ACTUALLY win!!! This marks only the 2nd time in seven years that AI has gotten it right! (The first time being season one with Kelly Clarkson, of course.)

I didn't watch the entire 2 hour extravaganza, but the parts I did see were pretty damn good. I LOVED David Cook with ZZ Top!!! David A. with One Republic was kind of a disaster though. Also, I don't think I realized that One Republic was white until last nite! LOL I was excited to see George Michael but I didn't like his song...it was like he was singing a speech or something. Very "I'm in a musical."

Besides the end result, the highlight of the night was Paula standing up and shaking her booty during like EVERY SINGLE PERFORMANCE! I wonder if the people sitting behind her were warned in advance that their seats had an obstructed view!

I am a little worried about David A. - I hope his father didn't beat him last night. But I think he will still get a record deal, make one album, and disappear into the night. I really don't think he has any long-term potential as a pop star.

As much as I love David Cook, I was worried that the teeny bopper vote would outweigh the people who actually listen to the music. But I was blissfully wrong! I'm sure it didn't hurt that the David A. fans had to be in bed by 9pm and couldn't vote as much as the grown ups! LOL Myself, I only managed to get through 5 times on Tuesday to vote. Still, he won by 12 million votes! Woohoo!! I am so excited, I can't wait for his album!

No comments: