Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Selfishness

Many of you already know that I cannot STAND Andy Rooney. Why CBS gives him 5 minutes a week to say whatever he wants, I will never understand. This past Sunday he was talking about all the stuff people send him. He called it "junk mail" and went through various gifts and criticized them. Some of the stuff was just like little trinkets or whatever. But there were also nice things. Like umbrellas and gift certificates to restaurants and books. He talked about how useless all these things were to him and basically complained about people's generosity. But ya know what? He still keeps the stuff! Don't you think he could do something productive with it? For example, he had two $100 gift certificates to a seafood restaurant in Miami that he admits he has no intention of using. Well, why not send them to a food bank in Miami? Or a school and buy lunch for a bunch of inner city kids? Or even just send them back to the restaurant and say "please do something good with this money." It may not work, but it's better than letting them just sit in his office. He also mentioned getting tons of umbrellas. Well, maybe when you leave your office everyday you can take one and hand it to someone who needs it. I think he works in NYC, there are plenty of homeless people who could use umbrellas. The only thing just made me sick. And I know he is a grouch old man and doesn't care what I think, so I won't write him a letter. I will just share my bitching with all of you.

No comments: