Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mini-Vent

I'm watching the How I Met Your Mother from a couple of weeks ago. In this episode Ted finds out that his g/f didn't have sex for 5 years and all of his friends freak out. Like going 5 years without sex is such a big deal. That's how long I went and actually, it was great and it flew by. It really bothered me to watch this episode and the things people said about this girl. How she "needed" to get some, and how desperate she must be. It was just ridiculous. I guess for guys it's a big deal to go five days without sex, but I think that most of the women I know could easily go years without sex and not have a problem. I mean, when it's not in your life, it's just not there. Other things are going on, it's really not that big of a deal. I mean, I realize that not everyone hates sex like I do, but I still think that most women could give it up without much of a problem. I'm not sure why female actresses don't say to their script writers that women don't really talk that way. I mean, I knew guys who were shocked that I didn't have sex for 5 years, but all of my girlfriends thought it was no big deal. I just hate how TV shows make it seem like life without sex is miserable. GRR!

No comments: