Saturday, April 02, 2005

Blustery Day

Today was a beautiful but blustery Saturday. I started my day off doing homework: yuck! But it wasn't long before my good friend T showed up to abduct me and take me on an outdoor adventure! We found a park about an hour from home and walked about 3 miles on nature trails and then took the "scenic" route home, which almost ended up being the scenic route to parts unknown! But we made it back safely, having successfully completed our workout for the day! We also stopped for Frosties at Wendy's on the way home, which is an essential part of a balanced diet!

The Pope died today, which means little to me, but will mean a great deal to my grandparents who are both Catholic and Polish! I really don't understand the whole pope thing....as far as I know they are simply elected by other head holy guys, it doesn't seem that there is any sort of divine intervention involved in the selection process, so I'm not really sure what makes them so super-human. Really though, I don't understand much about organized religion in general. I suppose it will be interesting to see who takes over. It never ceases to amaze me that there are actually still people who want to be priests and nuns, much less pope. The whole concept is just entirely foreign to me, more so now that the reputation of the Catholic church is just about as tarnished as possible, not that it was ever particularly stellar.

Anyway, it's a Saturday night and I just finished my Con Law homework for tuesday. T and I will be walking 6 miles tomorrow and then going shopping on Monday, so I want to get as much homework done as possible. I will probably work for a few more hours before turning in and then get up early tomorrow to do more reading and some laundry. Oh! And I can't forget that I loose an hour tonight! Apparently it's the "end" of daylight savings time which means about 50% of people will be late to wherever they are going for the next 2 days. I'm sure I will forget to reset at least one of my watches/clocks. Luckily I have a VCR and digital clock in my bedroom that reset themselves, and of course my computer will too. It's pretty sad when your appliances are more on top of things than you are! Of course, in my case that doesn't take much.

This isn't a very exciting entry but it's only my 2nd day and I didn't want to start off by skipping! I'm sure I will be more interesting tomorrow! Goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss you. i love you. i want you to come HOME. in my world, this is your home and where you should be. i can't wait to see you.
but i know you are doing great things in school and everything.
i have nothing political or relevant to say. i have been awake for the past 24 hours because of Relay, so these are just my ramblings. perhaps i'll have something more interesting in the future.
N in FL

CJ said...

Yes, I do have elves living at my place! Just like the troll that guarded the letterbox and the wise old indian that didn't exist!