Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Fixing Nemo

My car, who I affectionately call Nemo, is in the shop AGAIN!!! They have been working on the same problem for 1 year and 4 days now and they STILL can't get it right. Luckily it's covered under warranty, but it is still a major inconvenience.

For the 1st month or so that they were working on it I practically lived in the waiting room of the Chevy dealership. They didn't offer me a rental car or ride home, so I brought all my homework and food and drinks and made myself at home there. Then, they stopped paying their cable bill and I couldn't take it anymore, so I demanded a ride home so I could wait there. At about the 6 month point I began complaining to the owner, and they started giving me rental cars. But still, it takes a lot of time out of my day and everytime I get my car back it has at least half a tank of gas missing and the last time they had dumped my glove compartment contents on the floor of my car.

Last time they had my car the service manager actually had the nerve to say "This car of yours is really driving me crazy." I said "It's driving you crazy! At least you are getting paid for all of this! I've spent a year practically living in your damn dealership and it is costing me money!" Stupid service manager!

Unfortunately, the lemon law in my state is shorter than the factory warranty, so I can't sue them under that. So, I just have to put up with it. But really, by now they should have given me a replacement. Truly, they have replaced abot 25 things on this car, it probably would be cheaper for the company to simply replace the car. But they won't. Maybe I'll get lucky and the CEO of Chevy will read my blog and take pity on me!

Really though, what bothers me is that I always planned on buying myself an Impala when I graduated law school. Now, I wouldn't buy Chevy if they were the only cars left on earth! So, I need a knew dream! That really blows. I just hope that Nemo gets better soon, I hate driving these yucky rental cars. This one has manual locks & windows and the ciggarette lighter doesn't work so I can't plug in my radar detector! Grrrr... This is why nobody buys American anymore!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

POOR NEMO!!!!