Thursday, April 21, 2005

Winding Down

Tomorrow is the last day of classes for me this semester. It feels strange because I actually have all my homework done, literally all of it! Already I can feel a weight lifting. Of course, I still have oodles of outlining and studying and practice exams to work on, but that will wait until after tomorrow. For now, I just want to breathe.

It has been a long, hard year. I must admit that I feel I came up a bit short. I missed all of my goals by really just a tiny bit, and that is frustrating. Even though I know how lucky I am to be where I am, the disappointment takes a toll. I did, however do somethings I didn't plan on, and I do think next year will be a great year.

In 6 months the 3 Day will be over, I will have raised $2100 for Breast Cancer Research & walked 60 miles. Hopefully I will be in better physical shape. I may have a permanent job offer, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up about that! My sister will be in college, I will have some money in the bank, and my resume will be a bit more beefy. I will also be interning in a Juvenile Prosecutor's Office, which I am really excited about. So all in all, things are looking up for the next 6 months!

I'm hoping that this summer I will make some great friends and learn some really practical skills that can help me to be a great lawyer. I also hope that I will be able to become more familiar with the City I will be working in so that, if I do get an offer, I will know where I want to live, etc. I also plan on volunteering at the Innocence Project during my downtime between exams and starting my job, and visiting one of my best friends whom I haven't seen in about 2 years.

So, that's the plan for now. I probably won't be writing very much for the next few weeks, as I will be consumed with outlining and watching the DVD of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure on continuous loop (it helps me focus!). So, if you don't see an entry for a while, it's not because I'm dead! I'm just hibernating!!

No comments: