Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Singin' In The Rain

Wow! What a day!! I got to paint my own teapot!! It was soooo much fun! My firm went to a place called "Wired & Fired" tonight and I had a GREAT time! As I was painting I was singing "I'm a little teapot, short & stout!" It was fantabulous! My teapot is light blue with a deep blue top. And I painted a purple "M" on one side & a teal heart on the other. Then I covered it with purple & teal polka-dots!! (pretty appropriate for the polak, huh??)

So, anyway, after the pottery-painting adventure, it was time to head home. And all I can say about that is: Thank goodness my car is a fish!!! Holy Tornado! I drove thru the craziest puddles...or should I say lakes! This was the worst weather I have EVER driven thru, and that includes snowstorms in Buffalo and rainstorms in Orlando! It was unbelievable. I kept saying "Nemo you are doing such a good job!" to help urge her along! It worked fabulously. Nemo did do a fantastic job! There were so many times when I almost stalled out or when I lost my brakes...but I made it!

The funniest thing is that when I got in my car I was so confused because a typically empty radio station, that I usually play my iPod through, was playing Kelly Clarkson, but the reception was still bad, so I changed the station. Then a little while later, I found a station playing "Hallelujiah" by Jeff Buckley which I have NEVER heard on the radio before. I was so excited! Until I realized that my iPod was in my purse, and it was on! LOL Kelly, Jeff, it had been my iPod all along!! Yep, I'm certainly not the sharpest crayon in the box!!

Okay, time for bed! Goodnight!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crazy little girl. Cute teapot story. I've never painted a teapot.... sounds like you had fun. I was wondering how you were doing with all the rain. I am glad Nemo was there for you. Of course you would name your car Nemo, and then talk to it! Crazy girl. I'm glad your safe, but its not over yet so make sure you stock up a little and it's never to late to get renter's insurnce.

CJ said...

Yay! Sever commented on my blog! I feel so special...even tho he called me crazy twice in one comment! Well, when you're right, you're right!

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like you and Nemo had quite an adventure!

Does your iPod have a name???

I want to see a picture of your teapot!

CJ said...

No!! My iPod has no name! I think Missy should name my iPod!! You did such a good job with Nemo...and since I did name you I think it's only fair!! LOL