Saturday, August 25, 2007

Adventure Monkey News, etc.

Tiffany just found out that she passed the bar!!!! Woohoo!!! That means she can cross number 95 off of her list of 100 things she wants to do in her lifetime. And it has me, again, thinking about making my own list. But, it’s very hard for me. I don’t know what that means. Am I lacking ambition? Creativity? Am I lazy? Or does it just mean that I am content with my life? And is that a bad thing? I don’t know. I suppose there are some things I want to do, but nothing that I would be upset if I didn’t do. I mean, I would be upset if I ended up jobless or homeless, but I don’t think those are the kind of things to put on the list. But I am trying to think of things, and these are what I came up with:

1. Go to California
2. Take my mom & sister to Quebec City
3. Pay for my mom to travel through Canada (New Foundland, Vancouver, etc.)
4. Help my sister get through grad school
5. Go to Europe (this one I’m not sure about)
6. Work in litigation at a big firm
7. Win a jury trial
8. Win an appeal
9. Never weigh more than 140 lbs. again
10. Pass another bar exam

I can't think of anything else. I know I have posted about this before...but I didn't bother to go back and search for that old post...but if anyone has any adventure suggestions for my list let me know!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Well, it took me at least six months to get to 100, so don't worry if you can't come up with too many at a time. Sometimes I went more than a month without being able to think of anything else that was adventure-worthy.

But, also, I think that what you said about being content may be part of it, too. Which isn't a bad thing.

If you want more suggestions, what about serving on a non-profit board? Is there anything you want to learn about or try as a hobby? Or is there something that you do now that you have a goal for--like getting some of your writing published? Also, you can look on 43things.com to get more ideas.

Thanks for all your support during bar craziness!

Anonymous said...

11. Move to NC!

CJ said...

Ugh. I'm not sure moving to NC is a goal...more like a compromise. Even though it will have its good points, like being closer to my Missy & my Monkey!

Anonymous said...

<3 Europe!!! That's on my list too, and I'm going to cross it off in March because I'm going to Rome and Zurich with my best friend. I think everyone should travel internationally (Canada doesn't count, eh) at least once. Broaden your horizons!