Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Going Back "Home"

On Thursday I am going to visit my mommy, as well as my 3 "hometown" friends (Rita, Hot Mike and Schmoe). K is supposed to come up there too, so he can see my mom again (after 10 years). I'm excited, but also a little stressed of course.

First, because of the planning. I want to be sure to make time for everyone and sometimes that is hard. Especially with K there. I want girl time with Schmoe and Rita, but I also want K to "meet" them again so that he can put faces to names better. My mom and I want to go to dinner at her friend's restaurant and go see Harry Potter 5. And, I am planning to take K to meet my grandparents.

On top of that I think he wants me to meet people from his family too.

So, it's just a lot going on. And of course the issue of my grandparents is complex. I want K to meet them before they die, but I am REALLY mad at them for the way they are treating my mother. So I really want to bitch at them, but I feel bad making K suffer through that. Maybe I should send him to sit in the car while I give them a piece of my mind. I feel like, with all that is going on, this may be the last time I ever see them, so I don't want to leave anything unsaid.

Of course the final issue is K and I. We seem to be doing pretty good, so I don't think we will be fighting much. But he only wants to spend one night at my mom's house, the other nights he wants to drink. I told him we can't have sex in my mom's apartment, that is just rude. So, I have a sneaking suspicion I will be having sex in the back of a camaro at some point this weekend. Good lord. What am I? 15 again? I told him we could just stay at a hotel but he said no, so, we'll just have to see how that goes!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray Schmoe time! I am off Friday and Saturday so I hope you can fit me in somewhere. :) If not on those nights, we'll do lunch or something! I can't wait to see you (and hopefully K)! :D

Take K to meet your grandparents. Even if they're being assholes, I think you'd regret it if they died without meeting him. I know I'm sad my grandparents are all dead and won't meet the man I'll end up with (I haven't yet!). I hope at least one of you enjoys the camaro sex, lol!