Tuesday, August 07, 2007

My Job Is Sweet - Literally

I went out to lunch today with B, a friend from work. We ate at Panera and then B had to stop by publix to order a birthday cake for his co-clerk. So, I'm standing in publix admiring all the luscious desserts and debating buying myself either a mini canoli (with chocolate sprinkles!) or something called a "Tiramisu-wich" that appeared to be tiramisu between two pieces of chocolate. Mmmmm. But, I decided to hold back and didn't get anything. I then guilt-tripped B for making me go to publix with him and not buying me anything - but I was only kidding. He said he had brownies in his chambers, so I considered going for one of those. But then, I walked into my office, and on my desk was a HUGE piece of Tiramisu! No joke. I was a little worried - kinda feeling like Alice In Wonderland when the little piece of cake appears out of nowhere and she eats it and grows to like 100 feet tall. So I yelled out "Why is there a dessert on my desk?" and discovered that my judge left it for me! Fancy that!!! Next time I go out to lunch I will wish for cash.

No comments: