Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A Save The World Moment

I just read this article and it made me sick.

It talks about a 13 year-old girl who killed her father because he was sexually abusing her. The articles references some statements made by the girl's aunt and uncle. They say that no matter what her father did he's still family and they still love him. They also say that they had "been there" for the girl when she had been abused in the past, and that she had been in counseling and on meds that she must have stopped taking.

These people make me sick. First of all, they knew she was abused before??? WTF??? How was she even living with the asshole? And then they have the nerve to imply that the girl should have been on meds, like SHE was the crazy one???? Sounds like she was the only reasonable one in the family! And what the fuck does it matter if he shares your DNA when he was raping his 13 year-old daughter! You still love him?

This poor girl. She will probably be sent to a juvenile detention center and when she gets out, what waits for her? It doesn't sound like she has a mother in the picture, and this aunt and uncle don't seem any better than her father. I fucking hate people - I wish I could save her, I wish there was something I could do to make a difference in her life, so she doesn't end up where the stats say she will. I wish I had more power and more resources, stories like these make me feel absolutely useless.

No comments: