Saturday, August 04, 2007

Grrr

There is this commercial out there now for Swiffer that features a court room scene in which a woman is describing how ineffective her regular broom was. She is on the witness stand and the lawyer asks her "Can you point to the defendant?" and she points to her broom, positioned at the defense table, and everyone gasps. This commercial makes me NUTS!!!! Who the hell asks if you can point to the defendant??? Unless you are an amputee, of course you can! It's the one at the defense table, next to the lawyer!!! Generally you would ask a witness to point to the perpatrator! DUH! I know this is silly, but really, it makes me insane. I almost threw out my swiffer - but then I got a hold of myself.

2 comments:

TheRealDookie said...

OMG. My woman said the exact same thing, almost word for word.

Mr. Parson said...

Since DVR I try to fast forward through such stupidity. In the event that I can't, I go pee, go to the kitchen, or change the channel.
My question is, when are we going to stop marketing home cleaning products to women. Have we not come to the conclusion that women have left the household since the Eisenhower Administration and men are sharing the cleaning wealth?