Saturday, February 02, 2008

Nap Time

So K and I just had an argument. At about 5pm I decided to lie down and watch a movie. K called and said "It sounds like you're sleeping." I said "Yeah, I think I'm gonna take a nap." and he said "okay, call me when you wake up." So, I laid back down & did fall asleep, for a few minutes. I then proceeded to get 3 text messages and two phone calls. Clearly the nap was ruined, but I still wanted to watch my movie. So I sat up & put the movie back on.

At 7pm, the phone rings. It's K. WTFT???? (Yes, that stands for what the french toast, I am soooo using that now). So, anyway, he says he is calling "to check on me" and asks me "how my nap was." So I asked him why in the hell he would call me when he thought I was taking a nap. He said "it's been two hours. usually when you take a nap it's only for like an hour or two." Oh, so my time was up? I only get two hours?? So we argue and he comes up with the following ridiculous excuses, in addition to the two hour nap limit:

1. He was "thinking about me";

2. He thought maybe I wanted to talk to him but I was either talking on the phone to someone else or too busy or something; and

3. A few weeks ago I got upset because I slept all day and didn't get anything productive done, so he thought I may not want to sleep all day.

BULL SHIT!!!! If I wanted to talk to him I would call him. If I wanted to wake up, I would set an alarm. There is just NO good reason for him to call me when he KNOWS I am trying to sleep. So he is like YELLING at me for having an attitude for no reason. I said, "well next time I take a nap can I have at least 3 or 4 hrs before you 'check on me'??" And he says "No, the next time you take a nap I won't call you at all!" I said "Good. Thank you." and he says "No, I meant it, I won't call AT ALL." and I said "No, I meant it, thank you."

I mean, he really thinks it's a threat?? Like him leaving me alone for an afternoon is my punishment??? Good lord. He really has no fucking clue. Sometimes I just want to be left alone. Ya know? Is that SOOOO much to ask?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should tell him that the next time he is thinking of you, he should write you a letter/email. That would be way more convenient.

a monkey

CJ said...

Thank you anonymous monkey!!
You are very wise.