Thursday, February 07, 2008

Vay-cay-shun

K asked me tonite if I am sick of being in a relationship with him. I said no, and that is the truth. But there are some things I am sick of: being his alarm clock; being his secretary; being his technical support; being his nutritionist; being his shrink; being his financial advisor; being his lawyer and being his only friend. It's just too much for one person.

I'm sick of men - not just K - who act like they can't make a decision without asking me first. All the men I know lived at least 20 years without me, who made their decisions then? I am just exhausted from holding hands. I know it sounds cold. And I know it's partly my fault for doing too much in the 1st place, but I am just asking for a break. No, I'm asking for a re-adjustment, because in a few months I won't have time for anyone else's problems!

Seriously, though, I am on the edge lately. The sad thing is that my life is pretty good still, but I am feeling so much stress. Most of it is coming from my social life, not my job or my adult responsibilities. So, I am taking a break from giving advice for a while. It's gonna be tough, but I am gonna keep my mouth shut and my opinions to myself. So, whether you are man, woman or child, don't ask me if you should have the chicken or the steak, don't ask me what you should wear, don't ask me if you should spend your money or put it in the bank. For at least the next few weeks, I am not gonna answer you. Like Bob Wiley in New Hampshire, I am taking a vacation....from YOUR problems.

4 comments:

Mr. Parson said...

I'm sorry.

CJ said...

No apology necessary. I just need time to myself & my own thoughts.

Tiffany said...

I can't believe I'm going to have to go to my new job naked because you won't tell me what to wear on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Who made their decisions before this ... scary answer? Their mommies.